Florida resident dies after using tap water, here's why?

Florida resident dies after contracting brain-eating amoeba from tap water.

The man who was a resident of Charlotte County, died on February 20. 

Naegleria fowleri is an amoeba that lives in soil and warm freshwater.

It lives in lakes, rivers, and hot springs.

DOH-Charlotte says that it is a rare infection.

It can happen when water contaminated with the amoeba enters through the nose. 

He stressing that it cannot be contracted by drinking tap water. 

It is commonly called the "brain-eating amoeba" 

Because it can cause a brain infection when water containing the amoeba goes up the nose.